Introduction to Pharmaceutical Care by the UKCPA is intended to help you improve your clinical knowledge and obtain new skills that are the basis of providing pharmaceutical care.
Intensive course of workshops specially intended to:
- pre-register 1˚ and 2˚ pharmacy care students;
- educating newly qualified pharmacists – foundation course befor clinical diploma;
- help pharmacists to return to practice – course to update clinical skills;
- train pharmacists from overseas who have no clinical practice.
Skills covered include:
- consultation skills in pharmacy practice;
- medication review;
- consulting patients and other healthcare workers;
- risk management in pharmacy practice.
Several clinical workshops by experienced practitioners will explain importance of pharmacist work in delivering pharmaceutical care. Each workshop will consider studies of clinical case to demonstrate main issues from both community and hospital settings. The program also includes GPhC registration assessment framework for pre-registration of pharmacy trainees and is a perfect course for pharmacists from overseas striving to share their European skills and work within pharmacy environment in the UK.
The workshop implies active participation by course members. You will learn by experience, your skills can be fixed and improved in supportive atmosphere where there is no compromises for patient safety. Participants are recommended to think over obtained experiences and use them to prepare for future career.
Audit Project and Research Poster Support Session
Advise and tips on how to draft audit and/or poster on research paper for presentation at either BPSA Annual Conference or UKCPA Autumn Symposium.
- members TBC;
- non-members TBC (with FREE 1 year’s UKCPA membership).
The fee includes course, workbook and refreshments and lunch on both days, but doesn’t include evening meal and accommodation.