The UKCPA and GHP joined together again to organize their 10th Joint Conference.
When? on 4 – 6 April, 2014
Where? Manchester Conference Center
Accommodated delegates and conference dinner will be organized not far away at The Mercure Hotel: http://www.mercuremanchester.co.uk/.
Follow the link to book online: http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/55iQ0lNk3nVE10feRh08
You can download and complete registration form here: Registration Form GHP UKCPA 2014 v8.
Conference program is available for download here: GHP/UKCPA 10th Joint National Conference 2014 Programme Overview.
The program will be updated in due course.
**This conference has been approved by Royal Pharmaceutical Society**
- On Friday afternoon at 2.00 pm professor Bill Scott will perform plenary session about Prescribing for Excellence.
- Unfortunately, Patient Safety Award 2014 presentation will not take part in this conference. It is assumed that invitations will be opened in Spring and the winner will perform at UKCPA Autumn Symposium, on 21 – 22 November 2014, Nottingham.
- On Friday, 4th April, at 4.30 pm Emma Wright from Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex Pharmacy will present her quality improvement project – Supporting trainees to develop a culture of compassion in workplace based training. Emma will also present her poster in exhibition for those unable to observe her presentation.
- On Saturday morning Marcia Mcdougall from Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, NHS Fife will perform plenary session – Intravenous Fluid Guidelines: Who needs them? On the afternoon Marcia together with her colleague Meghan Bateson from Quality Improvement Nurse: Fluid Management will then deliver work session: Implementing Improvements in Intravenous Fluid Management.
Conference Main Points
- Changing attitude of the society’s to elderly people.
- Establishing balance between Medicines Legislation and Pharmacy Regulation.
- Patients perspective.
- Values-based recruitment – recruiting people with proper values.
- Courageous conversations (supported by Leo Pharma).
- Developing your Advanced Practice Portfolio for: Education, Training and Development; Research and Evaluation; and Leadership and Management.
- The New NHS Leadership Framework.
- How can we reduce the number of medication errors: diabetes patients experience whilst in hospital?
- Introducing new oral anticoagulants (NOACs) into clinical practice.
- Inhaler technique competency workshop.
- Continuing Fitness to Practise – next steps.
- Making every contact count medicines matter.
- Is your stewardship plan fit for purpose? Are you ready?
- Controversies of antimicrobial regimens for respiratory conditions.
- Commissioning in England by NHS England and GP Clinical Commissioning Groups: compare and contrast.
- Leading for performance knowing your leadership style (supported by Pfizer Ltd).
- Advancing clinical practice through research: a practical session on how to develop a research funding application.
- Improvement Science: How you can do research every day as you work.
- Implementing Improvements in Intravenous Fluid Management.
- Help for Harry – supporting safe transfers of care.
- Collaborative Working Relationships communicate, establish and maintain professionally-driven working relationship and gain co-operation of others (delivered by Inspire Change Ltd, funded by Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd).
Unfortunately, abstract submissions for entry into Conference Poster Exhibition are not excepted any more. All authors that managed to apply for participation in the Conference have been contacted and nearly 70 posters have been approved for presentation!
We are looking forward to seeing you!
For more details on the Conference, please send e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sometimes members/pertners of the UKCPA provide non-promotional educational grants to deal with financial costs for some masterclasses/work sessions that the Association organizes. List of corporate members/partners involved in these non-promotional educational grants for UKCPA events can be obtained from Marie Matthews, UKCPA General Manager: email@example.com. The UKCPA adheres ABPIs Code of Practice when working with corporate members/partners.
Follow our Facebook and Twitter and learn latest news about UKCPA activity, photos from events, and interesting information.