Award and abstract submission resources
For each UKCPA conference, we invite abstract submissions for conference presentation.
We have prepared the following resources to help you submit an abstract for an award or for a conference presentation.
- Abstract Guidelines for GHP/UKCPA Joint Conference
- Abstract Guidelines for UKCPA Autumn Symposium
- Award Guidelines
- Example of Audit abstract
- Example of Research abstract
- Example of Quality Improvement abstract
- All abstracts presented at UKCPA conferences are published online. It is vital that you write your references in the correct format in order to have your abstract published: Referencing for UKCPA award and abstract submission
For reference only: the following documents are used by adjudicators when marking abstracts, posters and oral communications.
- Marking grid for awards and abstracts
- Criteria for selection of oral presentations
- Marking criteria for hameln oral communication award
- Marking criteria for poster award
- Marking criteria for Pfizer pre-registration poster award
If you have been selected (congratulations!) and need some help on presenting a poster or oral communication, we have some advice from those who have been through it:
- How to present a poster
Poster template: In case you haven’t designed a poster before, we have one here that you are free to use if you wish. Please note that this is an example, and is not a mandatory template for UKCPA conferences. Feel free to use your creativity!
- Oral presentation guidelines and top tips